10-Day ~ Baltic Knitting Cruise (July 2010)
Holland America Line
July 9, 2010
July 19, 2010
Baltic Knitting Cruise (July 2010) ~ Knitting Cruises Description
Join us on this knitting cruise and visit the Gems of the Baltic along with two very inspiring and fun knitwear designers, Chrissie Day and Chris Bylsma. On this itinerary you are sure to be inspired every step of the way.
Knitters find pure knitting bliss in this region of the world because it is truly a knitter's haven. Meet local knitters, designers and artisans on this inspiring cruise of discovery.
Both Chrissie Day and Chris Bylsma are very passionate and knowledgeable about knitting and their love for the art of the craft is apparent in their work as well as their desire to help others share the joy of knitting.
Shop at Sommerfuglen in Copenhagen, known for great prices (in spite of the exchange rate) for kits by Hanne Falkenberg & Vivian Hoxbro as well as their wide selection of specialty and traditional yarns.
Meet local fleece producer, Leena Riihivilla, at her booth at the waterfront market in Helsinki where you can purchase 100% Finnsheep Wool dyed naturally with plants and mushrooms.
Visit three beautiful yarn stores in old town Kiel where you can be inspired by gorgeous yarn and local designers and in Berlin we might even have the opportunity to meet the magnificent Horst Schulz and see his work at one of his favorite local yarn shops.
Visit the handcraft guild stores of Estonia in Old Tallinn, buy traditional hand-knit Orenburg lace shawls in Russia and much, much more on this inspiring journey to one of the world's most beautiful cruising regions.
- In Berlin Horst Schulz will give a trunk show at a local yarn store.
- In Copenhagen Marianne Isager's daughter, Helga, will give a trunk show and have goody bags for everyone.
- In Copenhagen you will have the opportunity to try on samples and purchase kits by Hanne Falkenberg.
- In Copenhagen visit Wilfert's Yarn for a trunk show featuring Lotte Kjaer hip and trendy designs. Purchase her work or simply be inspired.
- In Helsinki visit Menita, the largest yarn store in Finland and purchase 100% Finnsheep Wool dyed naturally with plants and mushrooms from Leena Riihivilla's open air stand at the waterfront market.
- In Estonia you will experience the coolest "Old Town" in modern Europe. Tallinn retains its medieval character while featuring some of the best design studio and art galleries in Europe. Combine this with the handwork union craft guild stores (great yarn for unbelievable prices and hand knit lacework and other amazing knitwear and local designer art).