17-Day ~ Hawaii Knitting Cruise (Nov 2014)
Holland America Line
November 15, 2014
December 2, 2014
Hawaii Knitting Cruise (Nov 2014) ~ Knitting Cruises Description
17-Day Hawaii Knitting Cruise w/ Beth Brown-Reinsel
This is the perfect cruise for those who enjoy the luxury of shipboard living combined with gorgeous island scenery and pleasurable ports of call. The the luxury and pampering on-board your ship may make you want to stay on the water - but once you see the Hawaiian Islands, those thoughts will disappear. You can expect an amazing variety of activities in Hawaii ranging from leisurely island sightseeing tours, to extreme adventures, and seemingly never-ending array of water-sports. Lie beneath a palm tree in a hammock overlooking the sea listening to the waves washing ashore, fly among volcanoes, lush valleys and cascading waterfalls on a flightseeing tour.
Revel in relaxing "at sea" days sailing to and from the islands: have breakfast delivered to your stateroom, be pampered in our Greenhouse Spa, take a knitting class or just relax in one of our teak deck chairs while knitting on a project and watch the scenery go by. There will be a variety of classes led onboard by Beth Brown-Reinsel, author of the book Knitting Ganseys, published by Interweave Press and contributed to Knitting Socks from Around the World as well as having contributed to numerous magazines and other publications. Beth is a beloved teacher who thoroughly enjoys traveling and sharing her knowledge of knitting with others.
2014 Hawaii Knitting Cruise Highlights
- Enjoy a perfect day at the beach, a tropical drink, the best luau in the Hawaiian Islands and a tour of the starts on Kaanapali Beach on Maui
- Visit Pearl Harbor, take in Waikiki from the top of Diamond Head crater, tour the Polynesian Cultural Center or watch the surfers on the North Shore or Waikiki Beach on Oahu
- Shop for hand dyed yarns while being serenaded by a ukulele at Strings & Things and then take a walk on Hanalei Bay Beach which is one of the top beaches in the world for its miles of white sand and mountain scenery
- Enjoy true island hospitality at Island Yarn or go play with the dolphins, sea turtles and other marine life while snorkeling off the Kona coast
- Come face to face with an active volcano as your ship cruises by Kilauea
- Dye your own skein of yarn at the Hawaiian Homegrown Wool Company, learn all about the cultivation of vanilla from the Vanilla Orchid while having lunch at the Hawaiian Vanilla Company in the lush foothills of Mauna Loa on the Big Island