7-Day ~ Canada & New England (May 2015)
Holland America Line
May 16, 2015
May 23, 2015
Canada & New England (May 2015) ~ Knitting Cruises Description
7-Day Canada New England Knitting Cruise w/ Teacher & Teacher
Join Craft Cruises on a fabulous knitting cruise to New England and Maritime Canada with Lily Chin. Set sail out of Boston along the New England Coast to Bar Harbor, Halifax, Sydney, Charlottetown and ending in Quebec City. What could be better? Knitting onboard a luxurious cruise ship, visiting picturesque ports of call, meeting like-minded people and learning new skills.
Lily Chin is one of the smartest and most influential designers in the knitting world. She teaches nationally at all the top fiber events and her classes always sell out. Lily Chin will be teaching such popular favorites as Tips & Tricks with Lily, Design Inspiration, Join as you go and Phony Cables. On this cruise there will be plenty of time to relax, knit, learn new skills and shop for yarn. We invite you to pack up your needles and join us for a memorable knitting cruise up the Eastern Seaboard.
For those seeking something a little longer than seven nights this Bermuda knitting cruise combines with our 7-night Canada New England knitting cruise visiting Bar Harbor, Halifax, Sydney, Charlottetown and Quebec City with Lily Chin onboard teaching a range of knitting techniques. If being inspired and improving your skills on a knitting cruise vacation is something you've been wanting to do this cruise is for you.
2015 Canada New England Knitting Cruise Highlights
- Visit the Classic Elite yarn warehouse and studio outside of Boston for yarn shopping and to learn about this well-known yarn company
- String Theory will be setting up a fabulous yarn market just steps away from where the cruise line disembarks passengers in Bar Harbor at the Bar Harbor Inn. Karen Grover & Tannis Williams will be sharing their lovely hand-painted yarns with our group. These two ladies are passionate knitters who hand dye this lovely yarn in their homes on the coast of Maine. Each dye lot is unique, and each skein holds secrets that are revealed as the fiber is knit. Their yarn is vibrant and alive with inspiration drawn from everything that encompasses the extraordinary coastline of Maine.
- Fleece Artist (Halifax) - While in Halifax you will have the opportunity to visit the Fleece Artist & Handmaiden dye studio for hand-dyeing demonstrations and to learn more about how they source their luxurious fiber which includes silks, wools, kid mohairs, alpacas, seaweed and angora among others.
- Tradewind Knits and Lucy Neatby. Visit the home and studio of Lucy Neatby to be inspired and shop for patterns, DVD's and yarn. Also meet Ilga Leja and see her lovely knitwear designs.
- Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island) - Visit Cavendish where you will discover the house that inspired Canada's best-loved family fictional character, Anne of Green Gables. Set in the beautiful pastoral farmlands of the Prince Edward National Park.
- Shop for gorgeous Canadian produced yarns now taxed at a significantly lower rate than previous years
- Take a soap-making workshop at Moonsail Soapworks while visiting Prince Edward Island. Just steps from the ship enjoy taking a private workshop where you can learn to make your owner personal oil blends, bath slats and salt body polish using totally natural ingredients that are good for body and soul.
- Visit the historical city center Quebec City where you will enjoy the heritage, history and architecture of this region dating back more than 400 years. For those who have never visited French Canada this is as close to being in Europe as you can get in North America and it is wonderful.