10-Night/11-Day ~ Burgundy & Provence Knitting Cruise (April 2014)
April 13, 2014
April 23, 2014
Burgundy & Provence Knitting Cruise (April 2014) ~ Knitting Cruises Description
10-Night/11-Day Burgundy & Provence Knitting Cruise w/ Chris Bylsma
There's nothing quite like the magic of France and until you've experienced the grand boulevards, outdoor cafes and twinkling streetlights firsthand you will never quite understand it. Filled with the world's most romantic architecture and important art you'll be inspired around every turn. Enjoy the very best cuisine, shopping and creature comforts available on this trip aboard Avalon Waterway's Scenery.
Springtime in Paris, Provence and the French Riviera is stunning. Imagine the beauty of contrasting colors ranging from a medley of fresh green shoots, soft yellows from blooming mustard plants and purple Wisteria draping old walls and Roman ruins. Spring is a comfortable time to visit with milder temperatures and less crowding.
Chris Bylsma is a popular designer who will be leading a fun, relaxing knit-along on this cruise. With little time to spare the onboard educational program will be informal and fun. Bring a project or pick a project and learn new techniques at hosted knitting sessions while cruising from one scenic port to the next with castles and French countryside scenery changing outside of the window around every turn.
2014 Burgundy & Provence Knitting Cruise Highlights
- Parisian Yarn Crawl
- a real French adventure shopping at La Droguerie
- Guided sightseeing in Paris
- High-speed TGV rail service from Paris to Dijon
- Burgundy wine tasting in Beaune
- Hosted onboard knitting sessions & knit-along
- Guided walking tours in every port
- Yarn Crawl & lunch in the French culinary capital of Lyon
- Possibility of touring the oldest yarn factory in France - Anny Blatt
- Enriching port lectures, chocolate tastings and cooking demonstrations onboard
- Complimentary sparkling wine, soft drinks, beer and wine included
- Knitting Farewell overlooking the Mediterranean Sea in Monte Carlo